· The Government is providing an additional £1.6 billion to local authorities so they have the resources they need to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.
· This is in addition to the £1.6 billion already announced in March.
· Lewisham Council allocated total of £17,960,679 to continue providing essential services and support to those who need it the most.
London Assembly candidate Charlie Davis has welcomed news that Lewisham Council will receive a share of an extra £1.6 billion in funding to make sure councils can continue to support their communities and deliver vital services through this challenging time.
• Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust to have £193,138,000 of debt written off to support coronavirus efforts
• The Government is writing off £13.4 billion of NHS debt across England
London Assembly candidate for Greenwich & Lewisham, Charlie Davis, has welcomed the announcement that Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust will benefit from a £193,138,000 debt write-off as part of the government’s announcement to scrap £13.4 billion of NHS debt across England.
Conservative London Assembly candidate for Greenwich & Lewisham, Charlie Davis, has responded to Transport for London’s (TfL) consultation on the proposed extension of the Bakerloo line, urging them not to scrap the existing connection to London Bridge as part of the further extension.