"Local people are struggling to pay their own bills after 13 years of Labour government" says Simon. "Labour Lewisham then adds insult to injury by using residents' Council Tax payments to service gigantic debts - run-up during years of Labour mismanagement."
"With neighbouring Bromley having zero debt and healthy reserves I have written to Mayor Sir Steve Bullock to demand an explanation of how he intends to start reducing Lewisham's staggering leves of debt." Says Simon.
Simon Nundy - fact file
- Simon has lived and worked in Lewisham for over 18 years and was Conservative Mayoral Candidate in 2010.
- Simon runs The New Cross Inn, a pub and live music venue.
- Simon set up and ran Aquarius Recycling, a Lewisham doorstep recycling service, for 14 years.
- Simon has worked for himself since he was 22.
- Simon is a Governor of Trinity Church of England Secondary School.
- Simon volunteers for a major national charity, and has run the London marathon twice for charity (very slowly).
- Simon is a prison visitor at Brixton Prison.
- Simon's previous business interests include publishing, financial services and the music business.
- Simon has degrees in Philosophy and Social Science and is a keen poool player.